|Data value||See Data values|
|ID Name||See Data values|
- 1 Obtaining
- 2 Usage
- 3 Tips
- 4 Achievements
- 5 Data values
- 6 Issues
- 7 History
- 8 Gallery
Aercloud does not require any tool to be obtained, in which when mined, it will drop itself.
It can be found in the sky, even very close to islands, and obviously, forms clouds in the Aether. Since it also may generate under islands, this makes it useful to both stop fall damage and help create mining scaffolds under islands.
In 1.10[upcoming], it now generates as a blanket of Cold Aerclouds covering the bottom of the Aether and Green now generate in Jungles and Storm now generate in Crystal sub-biomes.
Cold Aerclouds will prevent fall damage, and when standing in a column of aerclouds, the player's body will be inside the topmost block while the feet will be standing on the block below it. Despite that, aerclouds still can be climbed, as long as the height difference isn't over one block.
Some of the aerclouds do not have hitboxes. Dropped blocks and/or items may get stuck inside of cold aercloud blocks. As Cold Aerclouds sometimes blend in with the normal Overworld clouds, turning those off is advised. Sneaking (hold down the left Shift key) will disable special aercloud abilities.
Blue Aerclouds are uncommon, and will bounce players, mobs, and drops high into the air when stepped on or touched, but the player must be careful not to take fall damage from the high jump. The max jump height from a blue aercloud is 15 vertical blocks. You can use it to get high enough and then use an Aerbunny, or Cold Cloud Parachute to safely land.
Golden Aerclouds are the rarest, and will send any players, mobs, or drops downwards at a high speed when touched. This makes them extremely dangerous to obtain in large quantities. Having Gravitite Armor equipped, a Golden Feather, or a Cloud Parachute will negate this property. Golden Aerclouds do not seem to generate around surface level, making them only slightly common above average island height.
In the original The Aether mod, four Golden Aerclouds were used to craft one Golden Parachute. They had 20 uses (technically 21, if counting from zero) unlike Cold Cloud ones.
Green Aerclouds, like purple, will blow any players, mobs, or drops touching them, but instead in a random horizontal direction. This is by far the hardest Aercloud to collect, as upon breaking the clouds the neighboring block will blow it into a random horizontal direction. It spawning near islands does help a lot when you need it, however.
Purple Aerclouds blow any players, mobs, or drops in a specific direction, depending on the direction the player was standing in when placed. Like green aerclouds, gathering them can be difficult, as the wind push can cause fall damage or dropping out of the Aether and into the void below. A safety net of blocks can be used to counteract this.
- It is possible to place Cold Aerclouds to break one's fall from a high drop (right before they hit the ground), but the timing is difficult to get right before taking fall damage.
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Prerequisites||Actual requirements (if different)|
|To Infinity and Beyond!||Bounce on a Blue Aercloud||Hostile Paradise||Get bounced into the air by a Blue Aercloud|
Aercloud's data values are:
|Cold Aercloud||aether:aercloud||179 (dec), B3 (hex), 10110011 (bin)|
|Blue Aercloud||aether:aercloud||1 (DV), 179 (dec), B3 (hex), 10110011 (bin)|
|Golden Aercloud||aether:aercloud||2 (DV), 179 (dec), B3 (hex), 10110011 (bin)|
|Green Aercloud||aether:aercloud||3 (DV), 179 (dec), B3 (hex), 10110011 (bin)|
|Storm Aercloud||aether:aercloud||4 (DV), 179 (dec), B3 (hex), 10110011 (bin)|
|Purple Aercloud||aether:purpleAercloud||180 (dec), B4 (hex), 10110100 (bin)|
Issues relating to Aercloud block are maintained on the bug tracker. Report issues for Aercloud there.
- Initial release: Introduced
- Fixed a bug where Blue Aerclouds and Gold Aerclouds were not generating into the world naturally, and newly explored areas or new Aether worlds will now generate with blue and gold clouds
- Blue Aerclouds have a cyan-like color now
- The Freezer can now be used to freeze Cold Aerclouds into Blue Aerclouds
- 1.9 Pre-release: Reduced potential of Blue Aerclouds to damage you on impact
- 1.9 Pre-release 3: Blue Aercloud darkened slightly, to fix "white on top" inventory icon issue
- Initial release: Introduced
- 22.214.171.124: Blue Aerclouds now correctly bounce players who are on a mount
- 126.96.36.199: An exploit with Blue Aerclouds, which allowed Survival players to fly was fixed
- 1.7.10-1.2: Fixed Purple Aerclouds not generating in the Aether
- 1.7.10-1.3: Aercloud entity fixed
- 1.7.10-1.6: Flying through Aerclouds no longer interacts with the player
- Now generates as a vast blanket of Cold Aerclouds on the bottom of the Aether
- Green Aerclouds generate in Jungle sub-biomes and Storm Aerclouds generate in Crystal sub-biomes
- Block ID is now 4100 and Purple Aerclouds are now the same as the others, ID wise