|Data value||See Data values|
|ID Name||See Data values|
Aerogel requires a pickaxe to be obtained, in which when mined, it will drop itself. If mined without a pickaxe, it will drop nothing and be destroyed. Aerogel can be obtained by pouring Lava in the Aether.
|Zanite and Valkyrie*||0.38|
*Times are from unenchanted tools in seconds, and Zanite with max durability.
Aerogel is resistant to explosions, more so than other blocks, and is resistant as overworld Obsidian.
- Aerogel is an actual material in real life, a gel where a component of it has been replaced with a gas. It is extremely lightweight, an excellent thermal insulator, yet very resistant to explosions, and has the lowest bulk density of any known porous solid in history. It is nicknamed frozen smoke, solid smoke, solid air, or blue smoke, and feels like expanded polystyrene (styrofoam) to the touch.
- The Book of Lore description is misleading, as Aerogel can no longer be found in Dungeons
Aerogel's data values are:
|Aerogel||aether:aerogel||181 (dec), B5 (hex), 10110101 (bin)|
Issues relating to Aerogel block are maintained on the bug tracker. Report issues for Aerogel there.
- Initial release: Introduced
- Aerogel no longer appears in dungeon chests
- Pouring Lava in the Aether now spawns Aerogel
- 1.04: Lava now turns into Aerogel instead of Obsidian when placed in the Aether
- 1.10b1: Removed, replaced by Crude Scatterglass